Sunday 3 May 2015

From a professor in the USA on my work

Insightful piece of writing. Your work is reminding me more of Chinese calligraphy now, the kind that Merton was playing with - all done quickly. As Life emerges from Formless Spirit, it becomes apparent to consciousness in an unadorned state. If I filter it through thought and emotion it becomes something else, something from the past, something from the patterns I can recognize readily. Having done that, I try to take control of it without realizing that's what I'm doing. I put it on canvas, paper, a piano keyboard, whatever container that I can find to receive it. Your "marks on paper" invite me to see a cityscape (perhaps?) before it has familiar pattern. All I see is an act of you breathing out. I can never "trap" it because it can never be more than air or a Rorshach blot onto which I project the past.

1 comment:

  1. https://ulrichdebalbian.wordpress.com/2015/05/03/a-professor-in-the-usa-on-my-work/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.