Tuesday 24 February 2015

a few words on my work

a few words on my own work.. lost in and drifting unrestricted in, with and as time and space, while at the same time being totally concrete, realistic and human, all too human... These images echo the great modern tradition that pictures or depicts motion, energy and flux. “Energy and motion made visible – memories arrested in space,” as Jackson Pollock said… My paintings .. they bring out one of the most startling things about visual art: the sense it is still in motion even when it has stopped; the feel of paint being liquid long after it has dried. It is as if art, religion/spirituality and all belief systems, philosophy and science – all human, socio-cultural practices and emotions, life, death, suffering, bliss, happiness and joy, come together in all these attempts to suspend moments of energy … the splashy, fluid, stilled moments they wanted to record.. exploration and dynamic expansion, the actual flux of the act of painting are represented, caught in the eternal moment, eternity, the universal, the reality of many universes (multiverses) are caught – the original, the initial, the first moment of Creation (caught in the Creation myth of Genesis), an endless big bang is caught in and outside time, both in time and space and at the same time transcending them - the eternal now moment of the mystics, all creatives, composers, artists, scientists,philosophers, where beauty or the ideal of beauty and truth are one, merely two sides of the same coin (viewed in terms of aesthetics or in terms of truth), although being absolutely concrete, in a certain place, a specific time and space, but going beyond all restrictions of time and space that human notions, concepts and ideas are limited by and imposed on all our perceptions, attitudes, behaviour and emotions, and in this sense transcends time and space, motion and energy are caught, while allowed to remain free and at the same time arrested and made visible. This is, sums up and represents my mind set, my frame of reference, my unlimited spirit, my life worlds, multiverses (or multi- dimensional universes), realities, my consciousness, the manner in which my mind and being function and exists and my life, both in this life and world and in the 'next' or all lives and worlds. I am my art, my art is me, I conceive her, give birth to her and educate her, often in an unfriendly, hostile, violent, one-dimensional, materialistic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.